Old December 24th 03, 07:07 PM
David Casey

Default Reception question

I've been playing with my Pro-96 lately and I've noticed that the Rio Rancho
PD frequency (155.805) has a lot of what seems like someone staying keyed
up. I turn the squelch all the way up and I still get a signal, but it's
not stopping anyone else from keying up and saying what they need to. Is
there some type of device they might be using to keep people from scanning
them? With the scanner on scan, it keeps stopping on that frequency.

At first I thought it might be the scanner, but I fired up the BC-895XLT and
it was having the same problem. It's not all the time and seems to come and
go, but I never experienced this before, just within the past month or so.

Just thought maybe someone here might know what the deal is. Thanks!

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!

www.geocities.com/davidcasey98
Added Patriot live fire pics from June 2002,
Bosque fire pics from June 2003, CQB training
pics from October 2003, FTX pics from October 2000,
NBC training pics from September 2000, and
Dining Out pics from October 2000!