Old December 27th 03, 03:01 AM
ANG

What problem might is leakage from a cable TV system. When I used to live in
the city the cable company had a crappy cables with a lot of leakage, they
use to trash out the 2 meter Ham and some Landmobile frequencies. Now that I
have moved to the country the local power company spews out garbage with
their RF on the power line (i.e. carrier current systems) for their
equipment monitoring system.

Another possiblity is a microprocessor control device within the house that
is spewing out garbage. The signal strength you are talking about seems to
maybe indicate it is either in or very close to where the scanner is.

"David Casey" wrote in message
I've been playing with my Pro-96 lately and I've noticed that the Rio

Rancho
PD frequency (155.805) has a lot of what seems like someone staying keyed
up. I turn the squelch all the way up and I still get a signal, but it's
not stopping anyone else from keying up and saying what they need to. Is
there some type of device they might be using to keep people from scanning
them? With the scanner on scan, it keeps stopping on that frequency.