Old May 18th 04, 05:29 PM
Vito

I agree completely. Question is, if modeling and prediction is so unreliable
why do we bother?

"Dan Richardson @mendolink.com" ChangeThisToCallSign wrote in message
On 18 May 2004 06:19:50 -0700, (Brian Kelly) wrote:

Then howcum my 5/8 wave mag mount 2m mobile antenna very significantly
outperforms the 1/4 wave mag mount antenna I used to use? ....

My previous response was for a ground plan antenna mounted above
ground and you are addressing a mobile installation. They are different.

... I found that the vehicle's size, shape and whip location
plays a major part in performance.

.... it was possible to find azimuth directions that a 5/8-wave would
produced almost 3 db gain over itself ....

I don't feel you can accurately predict how a the whips will perform
on a vehicle based upon operation on another vehicle....