Old May 18th 04, 06:36 PM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 18 May 2004 12:29:46 -0400, "Vito" wrote:
I agree completely. Question is, if modeling and prediction is so unreliable
why do we bother?

Hi OM,

There is modeling, and then there are modelers. 99.9% of errors are
found with the second. A simple example that explains the illusion of
disparity may be tested with the free version of EZNEC (as is
generally the case).

Model a ground plane antenna at ground level (or simply an inch or cm
above it); and then raise the same antenna a quarter wave (not so
difficult to manage at these breathless reports from VHF-land).

Difference approaches 6dB for this trivial exercise alone. Models
answer the differences quite well, modelers can be found in
commercials wearing lab coats saying "I'm not a doctor, but...."

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC