Old January 8th 04, 05:13 PM
BDK

In article ,
says...
I have a Radio Shack Pro-43. My 3 button was not working on the
keypad so I disassembled and cleaned the circuit board and the back
side of the rubber keypad with rubbing alchohol. Now most of the keys
do not work. I thought I was cleaning gunk off the contacts when I
probably cleaned some type of conductive gel off the keypad.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on this problem?

thanks

Sheesh, just buy the keypad for 8 bucks or whatever, and pay someone 25
bucks or so to do it. Takes like 10 minutes. I probably have done,
without exaggerating, about 100 of them. One guy is on his 5th or 6th
pad. I think his 43 isn't gonna be around much longer, it's in sad
shape, but with the use it's had, it deserves a nice retirement.

BDK