Old May 18th 04, 09:06 PM
Dave Platt

...Hmm. Now, if you could figure a way to use 'kudzoo'(sp)...
'Doc

Yeah, kudzu could have some advantages. Lots of it available, and
you'd probably end up with a dense-fractal design.

It'd have the disadvantage of de-tuning itself every day or so, due to
the rapid growth, unless you transmit with enough power to burn off
the growing tips. Lends a new meaning to "pruning your antenna".

The three rules of growing kudzu:

- Although it's capable of growing on solid concrete, it'll do
somewhat better if there's at least a little soil in the mix.

- Always plant kudzu at night, by the dark of the moon. Otherwise,
your neighbors might figure out what you're doing, and start
throwing rocks at you.

- Fertilization is not required. However, the kutzu vines will
definitely appreciate having the bottoms of the smaller leaves
lubricated with 10W40 motor oil - this reduces abrasion and chafing
when the vines grow rapidly across the ground.

[Taken from an old Whole Earth Catalog]

--
Dave Platt AE6EO