Old January 15th 04, 05:23 AM
K2NNJ

The NWS Forecast Office in Mt. Holly only does the alert one time. If you
miss it, they don't do it again unless there is a new advisory or warning.

Their might be a problem with your receiver, or you might have incorrect
codes. I have a Uniden 780XLT and it gets all alerts.
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/

Good Luck!
Bob

"Fishy" wrote in message
I have a RS Pro 89 scanner and a Midland WR-300 weather radio.

My weekly tests come across fine from Ocean County every Wednesday.

We have been in a winter storm watch for about 6 hours now, and the
'watch' light on the Midland radio has not lit up. And the radio has not
woken up. I put the RS scanner on a WX channel in Philadelphia. I receive
both stations fine.

My question is, do the SAME tones only get broadcasted once per event?

Also a 'special weather statement' was issued for cold weather. Again,
the 'statement' light has not come on. And the RS scanner has not woken
up.

Thanks for any info.