Old January 16th 04, 02:21 AM
chas

you need control number they make a funny noise
wrote in message
John Jenkins wrote:

I just purchased a Radio Shack Pro-95 scanner on sale. This thing is
so nice. You get a lot of nice features that would usually come on a
more expensive scanner. I really like it. I did have some problem at
first trying to scan Motorola type II trunked channels. I had entered
a bunch of frequencies into a bank and set the bank into "Open" mode.
As I started receiving transmissions and saving the group ID's, the
scanner would no longer stop on the channels when it was in scan mode.
It is acting like it is in "Closed" mode. When I deleted all of the
group ID's the scanner began to operate as expected and would stop on
active channels. By reading the manual I thought that as long as the
scanner is in "Open" mode it doesn't matter what group ID's you have
stored, it will just disregard them, except for looking up text tags.
It's when in "Closed" mode that it will only stop on channels that
have the group ID stored. Is there a setting that I am overlooking or
could there be something wrong with my scanner? The scanner works
perfectly in all other respects.

Do you have the " - " sign showing that it is in closed mode on
your scanner display, or the " + " showing it in open mode?

--

-TTFN

-Steven