Old January 16th 04, 09:42 PM
Mike M.

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:52:48 GMT, Fishy wrotF:

I have a RS Pro 89 scanner and a Midland WR-300 weather radio.

My weekly tests come across fine from Ocean County every Wednesday.

We have been in a winter storm watch for about 6 hours now, and the
'watch' light on the Midland radio has not lit up. And the radio has not
woken up. I put the RS scanner on a WX channel in Philadelphia. I receive
both stations fine.

My question is, do the SAME tones only get broadcasted once per event?

Also a 'special weather statement' was issued for cold weather. Again,
the 'statement' light has not come on. And the RS scanner has not woken
up.

Thanks for any info.

They may not alert for all warnings and watches. Some areas only alert
for tornadoes and severe thunderstorms figuring that people don't want
to be awakened in the middle of the night because they are going to
be snowed in. Call or e-mail your local NWS office and ask.