Old May 19th 04, 02:14 AM
William Warren

"JGBOYLES" wrote in message
Some years ago experiments have be done using trees as antennas. Where
can I find references about ? Do fellows here known about the results ?

Seems like I remember an article in the 70's in 73 magazine (what else?)
about this very subject. I don't have time to look back thru my old

mags., but
I bet the results indicated trees don't work well as antennas. If they

did, a
lot more hams would be using them. I don't think I have ever had a

contact
with someone using a tree.
73 Gary N4AST

Maybe we can open a new branch of science, and solve some knotty problems.

Please, don't say "What a sap!". This is serious: we've got a trunkful of
knowledge here in the group, and we can put the crown on this whole idea.

I'm not just barking at the moon.

Bill