Old May 19th 04, 02:36 AM
Dan Richardson

On Tue, 18 May 2004 23:50:17 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards"
wrote:

But, as I say, radiation prediction programs are entertaining, educational
and satisfying. Enjoy them while you can.

If you will review my posting of the results i reported you will see
that I was comparing 1/4, 1/2 and 5/8-wave whips under the same
conditions for each antenna. I was not and did not report the reported
gain figures, rather, I posted the difference or lack there of for the
comparisons. Under those conditions I feel comfortable stating that
difference between using a 1/4, 1/2 or 5/8-wave whips on a vehicle
(mounted top-dead-center on the roof) the overall gain differences
would be one dB or less.

I have observed, operating mobile using the above antennas that I
really couldn't notice any real difference. Bad areas remained bad
areas and I would loose the repeater in about the same location
regardless which antenna I used.

In other words I was comparing apples to apples and not looking for an
absolute gain value, rather, the difference and I am very comfortable
with the findings - both via computer modeling and actual use.

very 73
Danny, K6MHE