Old January 19th 04, 04:42 AM
D. Stussy

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Dave Hall wrote:
Local Law enforcement can charge them with
"Malicious mischief" or other related infractions due to the intervention of
these transmissions with the operation of someone else's business.

That depends. If the business was employing FCC part 15 radio gear,
then they can expect no protection from interference. People tried
running businesses on CB radio years ago, and those same people had to
deal with the traffic from other users, much of which could be
considered "disruptive"

You will find that these radio-links to the ordering menu microphone back to the
food establishment are NOT part 15 but do have low power business licenses
issued for exclusive allocations. Obviously, you haven't bothered to take the
time to even research the truth of the situation.

court issued restraining order prohibiting them from operating a radio
within range of any commercial operation for the purpose of disrupting the
normal operation of that business. It is done all the time with Loiters
and other disruptive acts!

Maybe. I guess it all depends on the level of malice and the effect
that the disruptions had. From what I've heard, the interference
consisted mostly of random insulting comments, and not necessarily
jamming of the system in a way that would prevent it from working.

Don't guess. LEARN the facts first.