Old January 20th 04, 07:40 AM
TG

Hi Keith.
Right here in Vancouver, WA just 1 mile from Portland, OR.

I dont know if I'm making myself understandble....

We all listen to trunk and conventional. Is there any " juicy " listening
that digital listeners get to listen to vs conventional listening in the
same area???

I hope this is making sense

"Keith" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 01:23:24 GMT,
TG wrote:
I've been an owner of a Realistic (gaaaassp) Pro2052 for the past year

and
have enjoyed the trunking with this discone antenna, HOWEVER...

I just cant stop looking at the newer Uniden BC models, specificly the

BC
785D (http://www.bc785d.us/) because of its display and backlit buttons.
So what I'd like to know is, on the subject of the optional digital card
add-ons, is there anything "more" to listen to if I buy this scanner and
card? I'm kinda talking just in the digital area...

Actually the newest Uniden digital is the BC796D or BC296D that come with
the digital card already installed, supports 9600 BPS and CQPSK mode

systems.
The PRO-96 from RS/GRE can not support CQPSK. The 785D does NOT support

9600
trunked systems and CQPSK. The 296D/796D is $520 at http://usascan.com

that
includes shipping.