Old January 21st 04, 03:18 PM
r..

On 21 Jan 2004 06:51:43 -0800, (Jim) wrote:

"Max Longman" wrote in message ...
"news.vif.com" wrote in message
Yes I know about this customer. Yes most of this did happen
unfortunately but the only problem I dispute was the last points.
First mistake: Yes, we shipped this custoemra IC-2100H by mistake. We
shipped another customer his R-3. After shipping over 200 boxes we had
one mixup. I take full responsibilty here. We shipped his R-3 without
charging him because of this mixup.
Second mistake: He ordered a used R-3 at $479 and we shipped him a new
R-3 at $569. Getting his radio out we missed this piont as I was more
concerned that customer got his radio asap. I offered the new radio to
him for $40 off a price of $529 with full warranty or to ship out the
used radio at $479 and we pick up all the shipping charges. He declined
as he said he will only pay the $479 and we declined and I said I will
refund all his money as long as everything is returned as new.
That is where the problem begins.
Almost all internal packaging is missing. It looks like the customer
used the product and threw the packaging. When the new R-3 was received
in this condtion we called customer to mail back missing packaging and
he said this is how it got this. We offer a full refund if he mails in
the missing items or a charge of $50 (approximately 10%) restocking fee.
The offer is still there to return all missing items and receive full
refund but he believes he is correct.
If there was a little missing I would let this go due to all the errors
but the radio is in new condition but all the internal compartments and
plastic bags are missing and he should be responsible and if he new he
was not going to keep this he should have made an effort to return as
much of the original items.

The first thing you do when you receive something is throw away the packaging,
it's a rip-off to charge someone $50 for a plastic bag.

It's too bad but the trolls will eat this company alive in the usenet
groups. No matter what the merchant will say there will be someone to
slander his name. It sounds to me like an honest mistake and the
company tried to make it right but now it doesn't even matter because
it's open season and they are closing in. I would say to the store
owner just ignore what they say and do business as usual you did
nothing wrong. they will eventually get bored and move on to another
target

I absolutely agree,,,,,,,,,,, I have done business with them before
and found them very responsible and professional...
and I will not have any problem purchasing anything in the
future if they have what I want at the right price.....