Old January 22nd 04, 09:02 AM
Pete KE9OA

We get a lot of cable TV leakage in the Chicago area. Could be your problem,
especially since you are hearing it on both scanners.

Pete

"Frank Raffa" wrote in message
has a lot of what seems like someone staying keyed
up. I turn the squelch all the way up and I still get a signal, but it's
not stopping anyone else from keying up and saying what they need to

Another possibility is that it's a "birdie". Something at or near your

location
(A PC perhaps) is emitting an RF field that's being picked up by your

receiver.

Move the radio to another location, maybe another room or down the block,

see if it stops.

F.R.