Old January 24th 04, 11:06 PM
Steve Stone

My biggest problem with TV preamps, mast mounted or not is local overload
from poorly attended to paging transmitters.

I could null them out with a directional antenna but I sure would loose alot
of listening fun from my west.

Many years ago I took a Pro-34 on board a flight to Memphis (had permission
from the crew to use it). Once we got a few thousand feet in the air the
scanner was unusable. Just too much of a good thing and too many signals all
over the place.
--

Remove "zz" from e-mail address to direct reply.

"john wilson" wrote in message
I have 6 Scantennas tower mounted at 125 ft. They are pre-amped with

the
RS VHF/UHF TV mast mounted amp. They work great for a broad banded

antenna
from 25-800 mhz. The performance in the 406-420 mhz. range is not as good

as
the other frequency ranges, but it is ok. I highly
recommend them. I use RG-6 coax cable for a feedline. I have been using
Scantennas for over 15 years. I have tried many different antenna
configurations, to include custom made yagis, etc., and the Scantenna

always
outperformed the others. The Scantennas are somewhat directional. They

are
ugly to look at but they do the job. I consistently hear a NOAA broadcast

on
162.525 mhz. from State College, Pa. State College, Pa. is approximately

225
air