Old January 25th 04, 02:23 AM
Matt

Funny that - know of more than the odd "real" hams who use their amateur
gear on out of band frequencies - and yes they hold the VK equivalent of an
exra class licence, and I know of US amateurs (amongst many others) who have
come here to VK who have used their amateur gear on out of band
allocations - be it HF or VHF/UHF. I suggest that the licence class or
whether they have passed a CW test has absolutely no bearing on amateurs
behaviour or likelyhood to use amateur gear out of the allocated bands.

Matt

"W4JLE" w4jle(remove to wrote in message
Likely some of the new no code types that can't give up there 11 meter

ways.

Let me re-phrase, no REAL ham would do it.

"SouthDakotaRadio" wrote in message
In article , "W4JLE" w4jle(remove to
writes:

While amateur equipment is capable of operating as you suggest, it is

no
more likely that you commiting rape because you have the equipment.

Hams have a license to loose if they partake in such nonsense.

Are you telling me that it's unusual for hams to operate (illegaly)
out-of-band?

(Trying to stop choking from uncontrollable fits of laughter.)

Consider the number of hams who use their dual-banders on the FRS and

GMRS
channels...or the number of hams who use their HF rigs on the CB band.

I would dare say that *most* hams partake in such behavior at least
occasionally.

Not condoning it, just stating that it does happen...and happens

frequently.