Old January 27th 04, 05:37 AM
Waterperson77

Go to rec.radioshortwave newsgroup :-)

your reaction to his post is understandable.

However, he is probably technically on-topic if his scanner's frequency range
covers the AM broadcast band like mine does.

However, I kind of doubt that his scanner covers the AM broadcast band like
mine does.

In that case, he is indeed off-topic.

However, my scanner has very poor sensitivity in the AM broadcast range. I
probably get about 3 stations on it in that range in normal daytikme
conditions, while on most other regular non-scanner radios, I get several
stations in that range in normal daytime conditions.

I have only recently gotten back into the radio scanner hobby after many years
of absence.

I haven't really started listening again, much, but I'm about to start to.

And as I'm interested in all radio that can be herd on it, I will probably
start scanning at the lower frequencies (AM broadcast band and the little tiny
bit of longwave it covers. It doesn't really cover longwave in any substantial
way), and go up to the highest frequencies it covers.

It's best sensitivity is in the lower frequencies of the standard scanner
bands.

which is one of the reasons that I decided to start scanning at the lower
frequencies on it instead of the higher frequencies.

and although the AM broadcast band on mine has poor sensitivity, the
frequencies are close to where my scanner starts having it's best sensitivity,
so I decided to include the AM and SW bands at the start of my scanning on it
and go up in frequency instead of starting at higher frequencies where the
scanner has poorer sensitivity.