Old January 27th 04, 06:07 AM
Waterperson77

This reminds me of the time that I was accused of malicious interference (which
I was not doing) for legally transmitting on CB channel 14.

During the time that a fairgrounds here held it's annual fair, I happened to be
driving by it while talking on the CB in my car on CB channel 14 (back then,
commonly used by kids' walkies talkies also and maany other part 15 devices)
and someone operating the fair told me that I was illegaly transmitting on a
frequency that was reserved only for the business operations of the fairground.

They did admit that it was CB channel 14, but told me (through the radio) that
CB channel 14 was reserved only for the business operations of that fair in
that area, and that I was illegally interfering with it by talking on CB
channel 14.

I should add that this was in the days after the FCC had already ruled that
liscence-free CB operation was perfectly legal.

And my CB was at or under the legal power limits. (no modifications).

The fair just happened to be using the very common frequency of CB channel 14
since back then, those CB channel 14 devices were very cheap and very common
since they were then commonly used by part 15 devices.