Old January 27th 04, 07:26 AM
Waterperson77

g a Taco at a Burger King window be it via the radio or
otherwise is a prank.

true. As I said before, you don't even need a radio to do the prank you
mentioned above.

People have ordered food at drive throughs and then pulled away just as a prank
so that the car behind them either gets charged for the food they didn't order
or get the food they didn't order instead of the food they did order.

And that would do just as much damage to the business as the original fast food
prrankster that this thread was talking about.

or as you say, ordering a Taco at the Burger King drive through.

I did make one mistake in this post. I said you don't need a radio to do it.

However, the truth is that even if you don't use your own transmitter, you are
technically using a radio transmitter whenever you order at a drive through
window. It just happens to be the fast food restaurant's own radio transmitter
you're using whenever you order through there.

so now what we have here is this situation that people in this thread are
saying:

If you use the businesses own transmitter, even though you don't have a
business liscence to transmit on those frequencies (technically illegal under
FC rrules) by ordering at the drive throughwindow, it is perfectly legal.

but if you use your own transmitter on the same frequency, it's illegal, even
though you're still transmitting on the same frequency just as you do when you
order at the drive through window.