Old January 27th 04, 07:49 AM
Waterperson77

Honestly, like the government doesn't have its hands in enough. Now
they need to police the drive-thru window and baby monitors?

they probably will about baby monitors now after at least two of the tv
stations here reported about other people you don't know being able to see and
hear inside your house by using their own baby monitors in their catr and
driving around to see whose houses they could see into on their baby monitors
so that they could steal whatever you have in your house or know when the baby
or kids are left alone and kidnap them.

After at least two of the tv stations here reported thois on the news at
different times , different days (maybe more stations here), I don't doubt that
there might eventually be legislation passed to outlaw monitoring these
frequencies ( just like cell phones and cordless phones were outlawed)

although they'll ignore that technically, by just using your own baby monitor,
you are technically monitoring that frequency.

And if your neighbor happens to get one and uses the same frequency, you can
see into their house.

One of the stations reported on that situation also.

They put another video baby monitor into a neighbors' house of a lady who
already had one on the same frequency and showed her that when hers was turned
off, she could see into her neighbor's house and vice versa, that here neighbor
could see into her house on it even both monitors were in their own houses.

When I got my most recent scanner, I went to listen to ham radio and ham tv
frequencies in the 900 MHZ, but all I got was cordless phones.

And I still haven't figured out how I can possibly stay tuned to the ham
frequencies I want to listen to and watch and avoid the cordless phone calls
since I don't know when the cordless phone conversations wil be over.

At first, I thought that they were legal to listen to, siince they used to be
legal to listen to years ago, although I don't because it's boring anyways, but
now that I know it's illegal to listen to:

How the heck can I legally listen to those frequencies for ham radio and ham tv
statioms since if I turn the radio off when a cordless phone starts (or turn
the radios chanel), I won't know when the phone convo will be over (there's no
way to know) and miss the ham communications I want to listen to and watch.

or else leave the radio on tuned to those channels so that I don't miss the ham
radio and ham tv signals I want to see and hear, but to do so, have to leave it
on when a cordless phone convo starts on those channels which is illegal to do.

and then there's the little fact that ham radio and ham tv transmissions are
much more powerful than part 15 radio devices and ham signals can wipe out the
cordless signals at any time on the same frequency.

I'm not a ham. I just like to listen. But how the heck can I legally keep
scanning for ham frequencies in the 900 MHZ range when I have to either turn
the radio off whenever a cordless phone starts or turn the station whenever a
cordless phone starts, and then not know when the cordless phone convo is over
( not know when I can legally turn back to the frequeencies to search for ham
signals or listen to ham signals on those frequencies???