Old January 27th 04, 02:56 PM
Jim

I am using a common cable tv splitter is that maybe why I am getting
static on systems quite a few miles away? I tried those radio shack
preamps and they did nothing for me but I changed all my coax to rg6
and got a grove scan beam and my reception is great now except for a
little static on far away systems. I have 3 scanners and split them
off of the scan beam with a 4-way cable tv splitter and terminate the
extra port.

Mike M. wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 13:11:57 GMT, "Steve Stone"
wrotF:

Can I use a standard TV splitter to feed a signal from my discone on the
roof to two separate scanners ? Guess I will need to preamp the signal
before the splitter ? Never had good luck 10 db TV preamps and my Pro-2005.
Too much intermod from local paging sites.

Any thoughts ?

Pro-2005
BC796D on order

Steve

I use a common hybrid splitter without a preamp with no problem. The
hybrid provides some isolation between the receivers which a Tee
connector will not. Unless you are trying to receive really weak
signals you shouldn't have a problem.