Old January 30th 04, 08:31 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article ,
says...
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:31:57 -0500, "Bill Crocker"
wrote:

Has Selfridge ANG base stopped using VHF?

Most of the VHF Air Force stuff has gone bye bye.

Look for 400 or 800 mhz trunking to be the replacement.

Not only that, but it's going encrypted, too. And not that APCO stuff,
I mean serious encryption. What we referred to when I was in the USAF
as "non-tactical" communications -- security, law enforcement, aircraft
maintenance, civil engineering, etc. -- were moving toward use of
encryption even before trunking came on the scene.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA