Old February 1st 04, 11:04 PM
victoria patel

I'm fluent in Hindi and Urdu (parents came from India and Pakistan
respectively) as well as Arabic, French, Spanish and German. I'm a
linguist by profession and teach language skills to employees of
companies who send their people abroad. I've found from previous
travel that in many cities a lot of embassy/consular radio traffic is
in either English or French, regardless of what language is spoken in
the country...

"Frank" wrote in message news:01c3e857$39c13cf0$0125250a@knxfxalifdxfpylf ...
victoria patel . ..

^ Sure, if you have a year off to spare and $10-12K.

I'd never be able to save that much on my income.

How many of those languages do you speak? If only one or two then a
wide-range radio receiver will probably only be good for listening to
aviation communications.

Frank