Old May 20th 04, 04:41 PM
Greg

Default Autotuner and dipole

I recently acquired an ldg lz 100 and hooked it up as soon as I got
it. The dipole I have now will tune with a manual tuner to below
1.5:1 on 40m-10m. The autotuner won't tune to below 1.5:1 in any
band. Am I doing something wrong or did I just not get a decent
tuner. I oftentimes won't even get an SWR green light to show it has
tuned and when I do, the SWR is high. Should I put a balun on or
what? The dipole is 66 feet long in my attic... but as I stated, it
tunes awesome with the manual tuner. If you want to email me, please
email to The email here is incorrect.