Old February 13th 04, 01:16 PM
John

Fredric J. Einstein wrote in message ws.com...
On 12 Feb 2004 12:49:37 -0800, (John) wrote:

I just bought a Pro-96 and want to buy some software to go with it. Is
Win96 the best, or is there something else I should buy?

I'm interested in increasing the functionality of the scanner.

Win96 is the only real alternative. It allows you to unlock a couple
of undocumented scanner features (including expanded band coverage and
a personalized greeting when the scanner is turned on). It also is
ergonomically excellent and fully takes advantage of every available
feature of the scanner. Support on the PRO-96 mailing list (on
YahooGroups) is also excellent.

Thanks! I just downloaded and registered Win96.

John