Old May 21st 04, 12:31 AM
JGBOYLES

Try this: a 16 Ohm resistor in series with each side of the dipole, and a
100 Ohm resistor across the feedpoint. Unless I messed up, this will give
you SWR = 2:1 for all conditions including shorted, and absent dipoles.

Thanks Tam, This is exactly what I was looking for. A dummy load is 0%
efficient. A B&W dipole is less than 20% on 80m and 160m. It costs a lot of
money. There are less expensive ways to achieve 20% efficiency on 160m and
80m. 0% does not radiate (dummy load), a good bad antenna in my opinion is one
that radiates, but not too much. And it can't cost too much.
73 Gary N4AST