Old February 23rd 04, 04:04 PM
evans

BDK - Where were you able to get a new keypad from ?
I have a PRO 64 that has the same problem.
I would gladly replace it.

Thanks, Kip

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:42:25 -0500, BDK
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Sound hard to beleive, considering graphite is conductive. I would think it
would short things out?

Bill Crocker

"JMC" wrote in message
I was having problems with the keypad on several older programmable

scanners
(Pro 43 & 26) and found this great fix called Lub-a-Spray made by Panef

for
$1.75 at the local hardware store. All I did was remove the case, remove
the rubber keypad, lay it on a paper plate with the underside face up and
squirt this dry graphite lube into all the open spots with the applicator,
shake the loose material off, place back in the scanner and it works like
new. Be very careful with this stuff, as it's quite messy, but it works
great.

Would 8 bucks kill them, after all you have to take it apart to get to
the pad anyway. Why not fix it right? I don't think anything like
graphite is a smart long run solution. But what do I know, I actually
replace the keypad...

BDK