Old August 13th 03, 01:32 AM
Yuri Blanarovich

When I open the load dialog window, it presents R in some form or
another (the answer to your Q provision). Are you concerned the
program will treat the load as an infinitesimally small object? If it
does, you could decimate the coil inductance and distribute it across
10 segments whose span is equivalent to your anticipated physical
length. Perhaps a lot of trouble (and perhaps there's another, better
way), but it seems to be the price of your query.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

That sounds reasonable.
Including physical properties of the coil (Length/diameter ratio, physical
size) in the calculations of the model could help to optimize the system, allow
more precise calculations and participation in the optimization routines.
If the load is treated as point, the current is considered the same at the
entrance and exit of the coil, which is not the case especially in longer
then massaging it and what is the correlation to real life situations.
I got some RF ammeters, it will be interesting to see wasaaap.

Yuri, K3BUm