Old July 13th 03, 01:20 AM
donut

"Dave Mundell" wrote in
:

This is probably not the newgroup I need to be on, but perhaps someone
could point me to one better suited for my question.

I want to buy a portable AM radio that will receive a distant station
that is close (in frequency) to a nearby station. The radio in my car
does this just fine, but not any of the portable radios I've tried. I.
The guy at Radio Shack told me I needed a radio with a digital tuner,
so I bought one. Didn't work so I took it back. The display was
digital; I don't know if anything else was. I had similar results at
Circuit City and Best Buy. The clerks at these places appear to be
clueless.

Appreciate any help.

Dave

Simple answer - try to find a GE Superradio.