Old March 7th 04, 02:36 PM

Well Me Jon, the only reason your are NOT on HF is your ham ticket.
It's a "TECHNICIAN" class.

There are many more operations on HF (shortwave) than you have stated.

I don't know how they give ham tests in AZ, but in the eastern part of
the country we are not "SWORN" in or take any kind of oath. And yes, I
agree that most ham do spend tons of hard earned money on their gear,
especially IF your on HF.

"Jon M. Hanson" wrote:

There are many interferance issues with BPL especially at shortwave
frequencies. It's not only amateur radio operators that use these
frequencies but the military and federal government do as well. Amateur
radio operators are sworn to provide emergency communications in times of
national disaster when other forms of communication are down or
overwhelmed. They are simply bringing to the regulatory agency's attention
the possibility of them not being able to fulfull their duties if they are
needed.
How would you feel if a hobby that you have spent a lot of time and
money in is suddenly rendered worthless?
Disclaimer: I am an amateur radio operator (N7ZVJ) but I don't
operate at shortwave frequencies.