Old March 12th 04, 09:51 PM
PowerHouse CB & Scanner

You may also hear a signal riding on top of another signal. Basically, you
are trying to receive the intended signal, but you will hear an unintended
signal, from another frequency, in the background or it possibly might even
completely cover up what you are trying to hear, depending on the signal
strength.

"Tom Sevart" wrote in message

"Anson" wrote in message
om...
What does intermod sound like? I just bought a new antenna and I'm
worried that it overloading my handheld scanner (Uniden SC-200)
because I live in a very signal rich area. I hear the term all the
time and know what it is caused by, but I have no idea of what it
sounds like.

Intermod sounds just like regular radio transmissions, but you'll hear

them
on frequencies they shouldn't be on. For example, you may hear an FM
broadcast station in the high VHF band, or you might hear pager

transmitters
in the ham bands.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC