Old March 21st 04, 11:14 PM
mike

"Waterperson77" wrote in message
While checking for radio birdies on my scanner, I noticed that I swas able

pick up a few stations without an antenna. (some were voice, some were

data).

I'm assuming this means that I'm close to these stations, signal-level

wise.

Since I can pick these up without an antenna, would this mean that it's
intermod or just the actual frequencies the stations are on? or could it

be
either one?

if it's strong enough...both

When using my scanner to listen to these particular frequencies,(with an
antenna, of course) should I use the attenuator to null them out or not?

yes

I ask because I'm not sure if it's intermod or the actual frequency of

these
stations that I am hearing.

check a listing website

On a slightly separate note, one station I hear that I now know is

intermod
thanks to this group is the 162.55MHZ weather station in the 200 MHZ

range, but
I didn't pick up this stationn at all on either frequency without an

antenna.

My questions for this post concerns stations that I am picking up without

an
antenna. And I live in a "semi-rural area". (official description).

lastly, i question the term you describe as intermod.

it's from poor IF design & filtering you are getting the problem - swamping
it- a mixing product of two (or more) strong stations being 'up' at the same
time.
though, ofcourse, the result is, you hear two or more conversations on one
channel

mike

---