Old March 31st 04, 06:42 AM
mrcpu

J wrote:

What's the matter? you're old Bearcat III doesn't have 11 meter
crystals? Most high end scanners include the CB band, which I
use to assist in monitoring. I haven't saved any lives on the CB, but I
do give out alot of directions to lost truckers in my area, what's wrong
with that? Just so you know, your negative, do nothing, sit on your ass
and whine, comments had nothing to do with scanning,
either.....................**** off

I waited for over an hour for a tow truck once which I called from my
cell phone. I finally remembered my CB packed away. Put up the magnetic
antenna, plugged it into the lighter and in 5 minutes I had 3 trucks
fighting for my business!!!

I've also found monitoring the CB frequencies usefull for avoiding
traffic problems. On top of that, whenever I see a broken down vehical
I put out a call to let everyone know it's there and to hopefully
attract the attention of some help

Oh, and once I was sitting waiting for someone and watched as a fight
broke out on the patio of a bar. I called out on 19 and in 30 seconds
there were 3 cop cars there. I'm not sure if they were listening but
they responded pretty darn fast if it was a regular 911 call!