Old April 2nd 04, 01:29 AM
CitizenSnips

"DougSlug" wrote in message
et...
I've studied the manufacturers' literature, now I'm looking for user
feedback regarding the more subjective differences between the Yaesu

VR-5000
and the AOR AR8600MkII. Both are similarly-featured compact

DC-to-daylight
receivers...is there a clear winner irrespective of price?

- Doug

Having owned both radios I'd say the AOR is by far the better radio
regarding build quality and sensitivity.
The nice LCD on the Yaesu is tempting and it's flashy etc but the AOR beats
it hands down.
The AOR hasn't any software bugs either.
Just my opinion.

---