Old April 6th 04, 07:32 PM
Tech2

"Paul Jensen" wrote in message
"Wade V. Corbeil" wrote in message
news:uVtcc.197335$Cb.1770496@attbi_s51...
Hello, hello.

I just got a scanner as a gift yesterday (BC60XLT-1) along with a

frequency
book (Police Call 40th Anniversary); and I would like to ask a question

or
two from the experienced scanners (is that the proper term?) out there.

I have searched a few websites, and read the books/manuals, but I can

not
find out what the "colors" refer to. I'll use these listings for

example:

Lompoc City of (Red Channel) 460.0500
Lompoc City of (Green Channel) 460.1250

Just what do the colors refer to, and are certain colors more viable (or
important) than others?

Thank you in advance!

~Wade

Probably this is a means to differentiate between channels. Instead of
calling them channel 1, channel 2, etc., they use colors. Each channel
probably has its own purpose. If it's a local government, one might be

the
main police dispatch frequency, another may be a tactical channel (used

for
officers to communicate directly with each other at a crime scene,

accident,
fire, etc.), one may be for fire dispatch, one could be public works, etc.

This is true. Here they have names like, Bolden, Granger, Tac, etc.
It's to distinguish between sectors, beats, detectives, admin and such.
Hope this helps.