Old April 7th 04, 10:04 PM
Biff

I am in Glen Ellyn area..... I looked at AES and thought about it. I would
have had to pay sales tax which would have brought it up there a little in
price. Ended up getting it from www.buy.com for $281 shipped. AES was $299
delivered without tax. Suppose I could have had them ship it from AES and
probably gotten it quicker than buy.com and not paid the tax.which would
have been $16.80.

Total from AES would have been $306.79 not including a 200 mile round trip,
and we all know what gas costs these days.

"Tom S" wrote in message
Opps. I just noticed Fred S is in Lake in the Hills. Biff, I have no idea
where you are......still Milwaukee isn't that far from Chicago....

"Tom S" wrote in message
I see you are in Lake in the Hills. Being that far north, why not head

up
AES in Milwaukee?? As far as "the toy store", I've tried to visit the

place
in the past. The hours are kind of hit and miss. You may want to call

first
to make sure the owner will be there as it seems like a one-man shop.

Just a thought,

Tom - AC9TS

"Biff" wrote in message
damn..... that was the one I was looking for. I knew ther was one out

here
somepalce. Thanks

"Fred Shabec" wrote in message
link.net...
try:
http://www.amateur-radio-toy-store.com/

Biff wrote:
Anyone know where to buy Uniden scanners in the Chicagoland area?

am
interested in the BC-785D possibly. Google has come up blank.