Old August 13th 03, 03:27 PM
Bob Miller

On 12 Aug 2003 02:50:35 GMT, pamme (VHFRadioBuff)
wrote:

I have an NMO magmount which has a bit of corrosion on the threads and the part
where the antenna makes contact. The threads of the antenna also are a bit
corroded. Can anyone recommend a good cleaner/method to remove this corrosion?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB (ex: KF4KHC/HL9HCT)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com
Fight Spam! http://spamcop.net
National "Do Not Call" Registry: http://donotcall.gov

I'd just stop at the grocery or hardware store and pick up a can of
Brasso. Shined up my old brass military buckles very nicely, and
should do a fine job on whatever metal your antenna is made of.

It removes the corrosion very easily with a rag, and doesn't harm the
skin.

Bob
k5qwg