Old April 10th 04, 12:25 AM
Richard G Amirault

Hearing a SSB signal on FM or AM is not very good. Especially when you
can't "fine tune" your radio. BUT, the originaly postesr question is a
question .. I have no idea what he is asking.

Richard in Boston, MA, USA

J999w wrote:

:
:My guess would be all non-voice mode communications taking place in
:the frequency coverage. I guess my main concern is what if I can't
:receive even the voice communication unless it is FM or AM. For
:instance, to hear trunk services, one needs expensive scanner (eg.
:Radio Shack Pro-96). Any comments?
:

: I'm not following.

: You can certainly hear any signal with an FM or AM front end. You can certainly
: hear data signals. Truck tracking is a different story. You can still listen to
: trunked services, but entering the correct frequencies, but the radio won't
: track from channel to channel without a trunk tracking radio.

: What'cha trying to hear?

: jw
: wb9uai