Old April 16th 04, 04:00 AM
Jesse

ospam (TlgtrProd) wrote in
:

Just got a scanner, and I finally understand how to program it. But I
am overwhelmed by the sheer number of frequencies. Is there anyone out
there who could give me a list of what numbers to put in for Madison
Police and Fire?

Kevin (aka tlgtr)
****

Don't do yourself a dis-service by taking the easy way out.
Find out the bands that public safety services typically operate - And scan.
Search. Find them nuggets yourself. Thats the only way you'll ever grow into
the hobby.
Keep a log as you go along,writing down the freqs and what you think they
are.
Enter the known good ones into memory - Enter the ones your not sure about
into an experimental bank.
If you really must,just go to radio shack and get a copy of police call,but
don't take it as gospel that thats all there is to listen to.