Old April 19th 04, 01:38 AM
Newsgroup Lurker

If a button is stuck down would the radio NOT turn on?

"Web Destroya" wrote in message
Is the squelch on high or something? I don't know, imp a scanner newbie
"Geoff Green" wrote in message
Hi.

My 3 year old R2 got stuck in a drawer for 8 months or so (with
batteries removed). Now it won't power up. Holding the power button
in does nothing (no display, no sound). Voltage looks good across the
batteries while in place in the battery holder (and the terminals
don't look obviously deteriorated). I've also tried the partial and full
reset key combinations from the manual with no luck.

Any clues where to start?

Thanks,
Geoff...