Old May 22nd 04, 09:24 PM
Smog

Default G5RVh COAX feeder lengths dilemma ? Help please

Hi.

I am just in the throws of installing a half size G5RV in my back garden. I
am going for the "top hat" arrangement (North / South) instead of the
inverted V.

It says on the instructions with the kit that the best coaxial feeder length
to stick to is either 45 feet or 90 feet. I have 77 feet of Belden coax and
didn't really want to cut it ! How critical is the 45 feet coax length ?
If I have to cut it I will but as said, didn't really want too . Could I
just leave the 77 feet and neatly fix it around the edge of the garden, to
use up the excess, and not suffer too much loss ??

Any help will be greatly received,

Thanks.

--

Jim Burrill (Smogthemog)