Old April 28th 04, 02:02 AM
Dwayne

No the scanner cannot be modded for cell. This has nothing to do with it
being digital but because it is illegal to sell a cell capable radio in
the US. You can go here(
http://strongsignals.net/access/boards/boards.cgi ) and learn a lot
about your new radio. There you will find out everything you want to
know about the radio.

In article , says...
I didn't get the card .. I don't know if I need
the digital features yet. It was my understanding
that at some time in the future, it could prove a
good thing to have.

As far as the modifying. Are you saying NO that
these cannot be modified ? If so .. just curious
.. why ? Does it have to do with the digital or
?? It isn't high on my list of priorities. But as
I get older I become more and more of a busy body
..

Any way .. I needed trunking .. and I thought
that someday I **might** need digital and figured,
may as well get it now rather than need to buy
another one .. I might never need it .. IN FACT ..
so far I am clueless as to it's purpose.