Old April 30th 04, 01:46 PM
K5DH

Default Uninformed listener seeks handheld scanner advice

I'll call myself an "uninformed" listener because
I have very little knowledge of modern scanners.

Our local PD/FD/EMS have moved to 800 MHz trunked
systems (still a little PD activity on VHF-High
at the moment, but not much). My four scanners
are now obsolete. I need to be able to listen
to trunked and non-trunked signals, plus airband
AM signals. A handheld would be best. I have
looked at the Radio Shack models, and also the
Uniden BC245XLT. I am open to suggestions on
something that might fill my needs.

Guess I'll dump my old ones on eBay. They'd be
fine for anyone who doesn't have to deal with
trunked systems.

73,
Dean K5DH