Old May 23rd 04, 01:37 AM
dada

Default Antenna support ?

Hi.
I have been thinking of making an antenna support (for center of dipole,
support of Jpole, etc)

Was thinking of using 3 4x4 pressure treated lumber 12 foot lengths.

Put them in cement 4 inces aprt (cement will be approx 4x4x4 feet.
Put 3 vertical 4x4 into cement about 2 feet.
At top of 4x4, create a pivot point, and add 2 4x4s between the other 3.

Add another at the top between the two, overlapping the 3 and 2 and 2
and 1 4x4 by about 2 feet.
Using 12 foot 4x4 that would give me about 30 feet.
Will this work ? Would it stand without guying ?
I plan to make this a tilt over at the top of the lower 3 4x4s, maybe
extending the
next tier of 2 4x4s with somthing on their bottoms to give more leverage
for raising.

Am I nuts ? (well.... I already know the anser to that... but will this
work ?

Thanks & 73
Jow, WB2JQT, Newark Valley, NY