Old May 5th 04, 09:11 PM
JW

Default Computer programming the PRO 89

Has anyone ever had any luck programming the PRO 89 with radio shack's
program and cable? I tried numerous times without success, then called
1800-the shack and asked them if they had complaints from anyone else. They
said no. Then, after answering some questions from them, they asked what OS
I was running, which is Windows XP. Then they told me it won't work on XP.

I went to my laptop, which runs W98. It'll try, but I have to fiddle with
the cable, and get it just right in the jack to program anything into the
radio. Then I keep getting errors, partial loads, and not everything is on
the channel have it on in the computer.

Any one else have problems with this?

--
John Walker