Old May 6th 04, 05:01 AM
John Neiberger

Any idea how to find someone local to Denver or Colorado Springs who
might be able to do this for us? We'd be willing to pay for it, of
course, but one person we found who could do it does not have his own
equipment so we'd have to pay rental fees on top of his $165/hour fee!

Ouch!!

So, that's why I'm considering renting a unit and learning to do it
myself for this particular job. However, if I could find someone to do
it for a reasonable fee I'd definitely consider it.

I've been doing Internet searches for people who do EMI/RF site surveys,
and I've even looked at people who do countersurveillance, but so far no
luck.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
John

wrote:
Any spectrum analyzer should do the job. Just take a look at the
sensitivity of the unit to ensure it will pick up small signals. I am
partial to the HP (Agilant) (spelling may be wrong here) spec ani's, but
you gotta pay out the nose for those.

The Advantest units are cheaper, and also work very well.

I do not think a scanner will do what it is you want and an analyzer is the
answer to finding your problem.

(John Neiberger) wrote:

Can you recommend any particular analyzer for this application? I
think a lower-end handheld unit is probably the way to go. Since I'm a
newbie I don't think I need the more advanced functions that the
really big units provide.

I was just doing a quick search and ran across the Anritsu 2711D. That
seems to be a pretty nice unit and I doubt it would cost very much to
rent for a couple of weeks. The documentation seems to be clear and it
seems to be easy to use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,
John