Old May 8th 04, 08:29 PM
Nelson

Its not the drug dealers they are worried about you listening too, its there
illegal crap the cops are doing they don't wish you too hear, that's the bad
cops, but the other reason is cops use cell phone to talk to each other,
because there radio's suck for reception in rural areas, and if they are
making a bust, they don't need those drug dealers know that they are coming.

"Tony P." wrote in message
.. .
In article gpQmc.29564$U75.3333@edtnps89, says...
I love to listen to cell and cordless phones. It is only illegal in the

land
of the free but not illegal in truly free countries. It is a good close

look
at the personal lives of other people. I have 2 radios setup that can

listen
to cell and a few months ago I was having coffee with some members of

the
local city police and gave them a demo. They just loved the way that

drug
dealers talk so openly on the cell system.

So true. ECPA is a joke wrt to technical issues - they legislated away a
technical problem.