Old May 10th 04, 03:27 AM
Scott Ehrlich

Default bc296d or pro96?

I'm about to venture for a new scanner, and have pretty much narrowed it
down to these two models. I happen to live in the Boston, MA area, and I
know there is digital activity in my area.

Some of what I've learned about the scanners:

- The 296d has wider receive than the pro96

- The Pro96 reportedly has better receive audio for digital transmissions

- The 296d supposedly does a better job tracking private talking

- The Pro96 can be software updated

- Both have some sort of computer/software control

- Both are direct competitors

- Both are priced pretty close to each other

What selling points make one a better radio than the other?

What else should I know about the 296d vs the Pro96?

I'm in no rush to buy.

Thanks for any insights.

Scott, WY1Z