Old May 11th 04, 12:34 AM
BDK

In article ,
ocrap says...
I would first find out all you can about the systems you want to monitor.
There are a lot of types of systems.
Digtal, yes, but is it 9600 bauds or 3600 bauds, etc...
Check out this site...
http://www.radioreference.com/

There is a lot of info. out there, so do some research before you buy.
Hope this helps some ...

""Don't shake my tree, if you don't like what comes down""
:-) **** Life Is Too Short...*** (-:
****Enjoy The Ride...***

I personally would take a Pro-96 over the Uniden for the battery
arrangement alone, not to mention that in general, the 96 has much
better quality control than the 296. The fact that the 96 takes AA batts
is THE clincher for me. If uniden wants to use a pack, copy one of the
big three ham packs, and then rebrand the chargers and stuff as Uniden.
Don't keep using the pitiful ones they use now..

BDK